Tuesday 2 February 2010

The Grammys

Everybody loves music, it is has literally taken over the world (: So when the Grammys took place this year the stars knew they had to pick fabulous dresses to wear. But, if I'm honest, I don't think they were as good as the Golden Globes!!!


New star on the block Ke$ha wore this flirty frilly number which I am not really a fan of. It seems too "in fashion" regarding shops. You know how the high street always get the fashion months after it hits the runways, and this dress just seems like that. Frills are everywhere in the high street and I think she could have worn something more adventurous.


Oh dear. I do not know what Ciara is wearing. It is using the warrior trend very literal but it just doesn't work. It's all too much and doesn't look suitable. Eeek. On a positive though, if you just look at her arms, it doesn't look toooo bad.



I love love love love this dress. It is so simple but really effective. Everytime I look at it I think there is a snake on it. It suits the sttitude that Fergie always seems to portray; that fierce singer who loves what she does. And on those days where she wants to keep it plainer but have that characteristic, this is the way she does it. And it works (:


Carrie Underwood looked like a greek goddess placed straight into modern times in this white floor length dress by Georges Chakra. The leather on the strap and bust area really has the fashion quality, and it suits her figure really well. I could be biased though - she is my favourite singer!






Lea Michele wore this navy (I thought it was black when I first saw it!) one-shoulder dress from Romona Keveza. I really like the bottom half matched with the shoes, but not too keen on the shoulder section. I would have preferred it being a boob-tube top and brought the feathers to stand out even more. But she still looks pretty.




Everyone knew that Lady GaGa would wear something ridiculously outrageious and with this Armani specialy made dress she did not dissapoint. I think people have come to terms with her dress sense and accept it. Because of that, I think people now judge her on her terms rather than the norm. And if I'm honest, I don't mind this dress that much. It seems appropriate for her, and I quite like the star inspired accessory on her hand.





Rihanna wore this white floor length dress by one of my new favourite designers, Elie Saab. The high feathered neck really made her waist very small and showed off the curves at her hip. I wish she would change her hair a bit, I'm not a fan of the blonde.






This cutesy flower dress was designed by Zac Posen and worn by Katy Perry. It is just very cute but is definately mature because of the nude base colour.







Miley Cyrus wore this Rock 'n' Roll dress by Herve Leger. It really suits her and fits her personality and doesn't say she is trying too hard, which some of her outfits do say. Keeping simple with her hair and make-up made the whole ensemble look less wannabe and more mature.
What did you think of the Grammys fashion? Is there anyone who you think should get a mention but didn't?
Love Eloise xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment