Sunday 3 January 2010

Silver Haired

At work, most people who come in are dressed very casually, it is after all a small towns high street. Yesterday, an older woman came in and looked immaculate. She was wearing a a buttoned up knee length coat, small black heels, a beige scarf ( that one half was dangling over her back) and a type of hat that you normally see at a wedding - except that it was in brown with gold studs all over it. Her make up was very clean but she had bright red lips and her hair was permed into perfect curls. I hoped she didn't notice that I was staring at her outfit but it was just really nice to see someone dressed so nicely. I wish I took a picture (although that would have been very weird from her point of view).

The older generation's fashion is not so focused on being individual as the younger generation is. Most young people choose an item of clothing or an accessory because it makes them stand out and be different, which is good to not make clones of teenagers walking around. But you see the older people who are in their late 60's, early 70's + and their clothing is very pristine. They would never go out with chipped nail varnish and they don't really mind what other pepople say about them. I doubt that people say anything bad because they are older which through my experience is an excuse to be a little bit out-there.

The mens side of the fashion is also very good. My grandad has this flat cap which I love! Giani Agnelli always wore clothes and the style that suited him and his lifetime. His hair would be sleeked back which was a trend of the olden days.



I found a blog that focused on the fashion of the older generation which helps prove my point which I recommend looking at.






Hope 2010 is going well so far!
Love Eloise xxx









No comments:

Post a Comment